The Maras Moray Salt Mines Tour starts in the town of Maras also known as the town of the portals, located in the province of Urubamba at 3300 meters above sea level. Located 52km from the city of Cusco, houses the most important salt mines of the Inca era, being exploited from the Inca to the present, we also find the archaeological site of Moray which is an Inca agricultural research center where the adaptation of products to different climates was carried out with a system of terraces.
Maras Moray Salt Mines Tour
- The tour begins with the pick up from the hotel and then make a journey of 1 hour and 20 minutes to our first place of visit, during the journey we will appreciate snow-capped mountains, lagoons, corn and potato fields.
- The first place Moray (agricultural laboratory) where we can appreciate Andean terraces in circular form and that are carved in the depths of the earth, in the form of a bowl, were used to adapt products to different climates.
- After the visit to Moray we will go to “Salineras” or “salt of Maras”, this town is formerly known as a salt producing center and is believed to date from pre-Inca times.
- We can find more than 3500 salt beds strategically carved next to the mountain and that are filled by water channels.
- Already back to the city of Cusco we will pass through a picturesque village “Chinchero” cradle of the rainbow, this town is characterized by the fact that the Andean textile technique is still preserved.
Approximate arrival time 2:00 pm
- Pick up from hotel
- Round trip transportation
- Official tourism guide
- First aid kit
- Entry Fee: 80 soles (in cash)
- Extra Expenses
- Travel insurance
- For the tour, Bring a bottle of water and snacks
- Carry on a Waterproof jacket/rain poncho (Depending on the rainy station from December to March)
- Wear comfortable pants, hat and Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Personal medication
GROUP SERVICE 2023
Daily departures ****
PRIVATE SERVICE 2023
Daily departures with a minimum of 02 people****
Note: All reservations are made with 100%. After making the payment of the reservation send to the E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org : Photo of the passports, date of travel (flight), package or tours chosen and photo of the payment made.