The 7 Colors Mountain Tour is a breathtaking day hike in the Vilcanota Mountain Range, on a route we call “The 7 Colors Mountain” which is very close to the highest and most sacred mountain in Southern Peru called Ausangate (6,377mts). This “Apu” bearer of life is the guardian of one of the most pristine ecosystems in the world. Thus, our hike will be accompanied by snow-capped peaks, glaciers, herds of llamas and alpacas. This hike offers a selection of wildlife and breathtaking scenery. It will probably be one of the best things you will see on your visit to Peru.
Mountain of 7 colors
- First we will start with the respective pick up from the hotel in Cusco at 05:00 Hrs.
- Then we will head south of Cusco, to the town of Cusipata where we will have our first stop for breakfast.
- Then we will continue along the road to the parking lot, from where we will start the hike.
- Afterwards we will have a walk of 2 hours approximately until we arrive to the 7 Colors Mountain, when we arrive we will have enough time to take pictures and walk through a great part of the place.
- Then we will return by the same route to the parking lot to return to Cusipata where we will have lunch and then to the city of Cusco (approximate time of arrival 18:00 hrs).
- Pick up from Hotel in Cusco.
- Round trip transportation.
- Bilingual guide
- Walking sticks.
- First aid kit, oxygen
Does not include
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable trekking clothes.
- Small backpack.
- Personal medication.
- Hat, sun block, sunglasses, especially water.
- Extra money.
- Water is provided at meals. However, you should also bring an extra bottle of water.
Frequently Asked Question
1.- Where is the 7 Colors Mountain located?
It is located about three hours south of Cusco by car, on the Ausangate route.
2.- Should I bring extra water?
Water is provided at meals. However, you should also carry an extra water bottle to avoid dehydration.
3.- How long will I acclimatize before my trek?
We recommend at least 2 days of acclimatization before the tour.
4.- What meals are included?
Both breakfast and lunch are included in the trek, however we also have vegetarian and vegan options available.
5.- What is the highest point on this hike?
The highest point during the trek is 5200 meters above sea level.
6.- About health and safety?
Participants must inform us before and during the trek about any illness or injury. Although our guides carry first aid kits, it is recommended that you bring your own personal medication. We also suggest that you consult your doctor before booking this tour.
7.- Where to store your belongings?
Any belongings (suitcases and backpacks) that you do not wish to take with you during the tour can be safely left at your accommodation, as they have a luggage storage service. However, if you do not feel comfortable leaving your things there, you can also bring them to our office to store them during the tour.
The best time to visit is in dry season, to clarify the city of Cusco has 2 types of weather:
First: Rainy season that oscillates between the months of December to March.
Second: Dry season that oscillates between the months of April to November.
GROUP SERVICE 2023
****Daily departures ****
PRIVATE SERVICE 2023
****Daily departures with a minimum of 02 people ****
Note: All reservations are made with 20% of the total amount, therefore the remaining 80% is paid upon arrival in Cusco. After making the payment of 20% of the reservation send to E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org: Proof of payment, a photograph of the passports, date of the tour, also the name of the hotel (pick up).