Short Inca Trail or Inca Trail to Machu Picchu one of the best trekking routes that link to the wonder of Machu Picchu, lasts 2 days of travel, from kilometer 104 where the hike begins to the town of Aguas Calientes. On the route of the first day, we will visit Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy, Wiñaywayna, and Inti Punku to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night and the second day very early in the morning we will board the buses that will leave us at the door of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, we will have a guided tour of 2.5 hours in which we can appreciate the architecture and engineering of the Inca empire as well as a variety of flora and fauna present in the Sanctuary. In the afternoon we will return to the city of Cusco to finish the Inca Trail Tour.
Cusco – km104 – Aguas Calientes
- The Inca Trail Tour 2 days 1 night, begins with the pick up from the hotel in Cusco (04:00 Hrs) and then go in mobility to the train station located in Ollantaytambo.
- We will board the tourist train to kilometer 104, from where we will start the hike crossing the bridge that is located over the Urubamba River or Willkamatuc (Sacred River) and the checkpoint.
- Then we will arrive at the archaeological center of Chachabamba (dedicated to the treatment of water) and Choquesuysuy (gold washing is a site of pure water). Continuing with the walk for 3 hours we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (Eternally Young), the archaeological center that contains 20 buildings, a temple of rainbow, and fertility.
- After visiting Wiñaywayna we will walk for 2 hours through Andean trails, stone stairs and tambos (“resting places”) until we reach the Inti Punku – Sun Gate (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) which in Inca times served as an entrance control to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- From Inti Punku you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire valley that surrounds it, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of the world Machu Picchu (2,490 m / 8,169 ft).
- Finally, we will reach the town of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel. Here we will also have a delicious a la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Machu Picchu Citadel
- On this day we will wake up very early, we will take the first mobility to Machu Picchu where we will have a guided tour of 2 hours and 30 minutes where you will learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
- After your tour, you will have free time to explore the site yourself and if you have permits to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. In the afternoon, you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will continue on our mobility back to Cusco.
- End of our Inca Trail Tour 2 days 1-night services
- Professional guide (English-Spanish).
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 8+.
- Pick up from hotel (Cusco) – Ollantaytambo.
- Train Ollantaytambo – Km 104).
- Entrance to Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner. (If you have a dietary
- request, such as vegetarian food, let us know
- vegetarian food, please let us know).
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus up to Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu.
- Bus down Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo – Cusco (hotel).
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
Does not include
- Breakfast first day and dinner on the second day
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Travel insurance: it is recommended to take out travel
What you need to bring
- Original passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Extra T-shirt
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Extra money
GROUP SERVICE 2023
****Daily departures ****
PRIVATE SERVICE 2023
****Daily departures with a minimum of 02 people ****
Note: All reservations are made with 20% of the total amount, therefore the remaining 80% is paid upon arrival in Cusco. After making the payment of 20% of the reservation send to E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org: Proof of payment, a photograph of the passports, date of the tour, also the name of the hotel (pick up).