- DAY 1: Train Cemetery – Colchani – Incahuasi Island
- DAY 2: Ollague Volcano Viewpoint – Siloli Desert – Arbol de Piedra – Red Lagoons
- DAY 3: Fumarolas – Polques hot springs – Laguna Verde – Valley of the Rocks – San Cristobal – Uyuni
Train Cemetery – Colchani – Incahuasi Island
- The Tour Uyuni Salt Lake 3 days 2 nights first we start with the pick up from the hotel in Uyuni, then we will go to the train cemetery to see the old locomotives.
- Then we head to the community of Colchani (the gateway to the Salar) where we will find rustic handicraft workshops and the rustic micro-processor of table salt.
- Continuing with the expedition to the majestic Salar de Uyuni we will make stops to see salt extractions, salt eyes and the salt hotel Playa Blanca which currently only functions as a museum.
- Later we will visit the most popular island of the Salar located in the middle of the Salar, the Incahuasi Island where we will hike and we will be able to appreciate large extensions of cactus, sea rock fossils and spectacular 360° views from the viewpoint.
- At the end of our tour, we will head to our salt lodge to rest.
Ollague Volcano Viewpoint – Siloli Desert – Arbol de Piedra – Lagunas Coloradas (Red Lagoons)
- The day begins with breakfast at the salt lodge. We leave to the Ollague volcano viewpoint, to appreciate a volcanic desert landscape and the scarce high Andean vegetation.
- Then we visit Chiarkota lagoon, Laguna Hedionda (name due to the smell of sulfur), Onda lagoon, Ramaditas lagoon, these lagoons are surrounded by flamingos which use them as feeding and resting points during their migratory movements and by midday we have lunch on the road.
- We continue our journey to the Siloli desert where we find the stone tree (strange rocky form). We continue our way to Laguna Colorada which is very striking for its reddish color.
- Continuing, we arrive to the town of Huayllajara where we will have dinner and spend the night in a family community lodging (basic lodging).
Fumarolas – Polques hot springs – Laguna Verde – Valle de las Rocas – San Cristobal – Uyuni
- The day starts very early in the morning with breakfast and departure to the fumaroles and cracks in the ground where volcanic lava and sulfurous gases come out.
- Following the tour we will arrive at the hot springs (waters that are beneficial for the healing of arthritis) where you can take a bath and rest, the water has a temperature of 25 to 32 ° C.
- We continue our journey through the second desert on our tour of Salvador Dali which has an excellent panoramic view and resembles this desert landscape.
- Afterwards, we arrive at the green lagoon (high mineral content gives it its characteristic color), located at the foot of the Licancabur volcano (5,916 meters above sea level).
- Then we head to the town of Uyuni making stops to visit Villa Mar, Valley of the Rocks, the town of San Cristobal, its stone church and finally we continue to finish our tour in the town of Uyuni.
- Optional Transfer to San Pedro de Atacama: After visiting Laguna Verde, you can make the transfer to Hito Cajones border between Chile and Bolivia for subsequent transfer to San Pedro de Atacama in shared transport (Consult the extra price for the transfer).
- End of our services Tour Uyuni Salt Lake 3 days 2 nights
- 4×4 transport throughout the route (6 people)
- 2 breakfasts (in Lodges)
- 3 lunches (1 on the route)
- 2 dinners (in lodges)
- 1 Night in the salt lodge (shared bathroom)
- 1 Night in family lodging in Huayllajara (shared bathroom)
Does not include
- English speaking guide.
Food not mentioned
- Additional money in bolivian pesos (1 dollar = 6.9 bs)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Salar de Uyuni complex located?
It is located in the province of Potosi in the country of Bolivia, the most conventional way to get to this magnificent and unique place in the world is by bus or flight from La Paz.
Should I bring extra water?
Water is provided at meals. However, you should also carry an extra bottle of water to avoid dehydration.
How long will I acclimatize before my trek?
We recommend at least 1 day of acclimatization before the tour.
What meals are included?
Both breakfast and lunch are included in the tour, however we also have vegetarian and vegan options available.
What is the highest point on this trek?
The highest point during the trek is 4800 meters above sea level.
About health and safety?
Participants should inform us before and during the hike about any medical condition or injury. Although our guides carry first aid kits, it is recommended that you bring your own personal medication. We also suggest that you consult your doctor before booking this tour.
Where to store your belongings?
Any belongings (suitcases and backpacks) that you do not wish to take with you during the tour can be safely left at your accommodation, as they have luggage storage facilities. However, if you do not feel comfortable leaving your things there, you can also bring them to our office to store them during the tour.
The best time to visit is in rainy season (mirror effect), to clarify the city of Potosi has 2 types of weather:
First: Rainy season that oscillates between the months of December to March.
Second: Dry season that oscillates between the months of April to November.
GROUP SERVICE 2023
****Daily departures ****
PRIVATE SERVICE 2023
****Daily departures with a minimum of 02 people ****
Note: All reservations are made with 20% of the total amount, therefore the remaining 80% is paid upon arrival in Cusco. After making the payment of 20% of the reservation send to E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org: Proof of payment, a photograph of the passports, date of the tour, also the name of the hotel (pick up).