The Uyuni Salt Lake Tour 1 day, is a full day adventure in 4×4, we will start very early the excursion to take advantage of 100% of the day, on the way to the Salar de Uyuni we will stop at the cemetery of trains, then enter the community of Colchani and perform various activities such as visiting the hotel Playa Blanca Salt, also visit the island Incahuasi where we will have panoramic views. At the end of all activities we will return to the town of Uyuni.
Train Cemetery – Colchani – Incahuasi Island
- The Uyuni Salt Lake Tour 1 day first we start with the pick up from the hotel in Uyuni, then we will go to the train cemetery to see the old locomotives.
- Then we head to the community of Colchani (the gateway to the Salar) where we will find rustic handicraft workshops and the rustic micro-processor of table salt.
- Continuing with the expedition to the majestic Salar de Uyuni we will make stops to see salt extractions, salt eyes and the salt hotel Playa Blanca which currently only functions as a museum.
- Later we will visit the most popular island of the Salar located in the middle of the Salar, the Incahuasi Island where we will hike and we will be able to appreciate large extensions of cactus, sea rock fossils and spectacular 360° views from the viewpoint.
- Finishing our tour, we head to the town of Uyuni.
- Pick up from Hotel or Uyuni bus terminal.
- Mobility all terrain 4×4 (6 people)
- Lunch in the Uyuni Salt Flat.
- Guide – Driver.
Does not include
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee to Incahuasi.
- Additional money in Bolivian Pesos.
- Water is provided at lunch. However, you should also bring an extra bottle of water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Salar de Uyuni complex located?
It is located in the province of Potosi in the country of Bolivia, the most conventional way to get to this magnificent and unique place in the world is by bus or flight from La Paz.
Should I bring extra water?
Water is provided at meals. However, you should also carry an extra bottle of water to avoid dehydration.
How long will I acclimatize before my trek?
We recommend a minimum of 1 day of acclimatization before the tour.
What meals are included?
Both breakfast and lunch are included in the tour, however we also have vegetarian and vegan options available.
What is the highest point on this trek?
The highest point during the trek is 4800 meters above sea level.
About health and safety?
Participants should inform us before and during the trek about any medical condition or injury. Although our guides carry first aid kits, it is recommended that you bring your own personal medication. We also suggest that you consult your doctor before booking this tour.
Where to store your belongings?
Any belongings (suitcases and backpacks) that you do not wish to take with you during the tour can be safely left at your accommodation, as they have a luggage storage service. However, if you do not feel comfortable leaving your things there, you can also bring them to our office to store them during the tour.
Best dates to go to the Salar de Uyuni?
The best time to visit is in rainy season (mirror effect), to clarify the city of Potosi has 2 types of weather:
First: Rainy season that oscillates between the months of December to March.
Second: Dry season that oscillates between the months of April to November.
GROUP SERVICE 2023
Daily departures ****
PRIVATE SERVICE 2023
Daily departures with a minimum of 02 people****
Note: All reservations are made with 100%. After making the payment of the reservation send to the E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org: Photo of the passports, date of travel (flight), package or tours chosen and photo of the payment made.